- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. basil, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
SAVE TO MY RECIPES
- Step 1In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add shrimp and sear until underside is golden, about 2 minutes, then flip until opaque. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Step 3Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan and basil and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Step 4Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp is heated through, garnish with more basil and squeeze lemon on top before serving.