3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
Salt, to taste
1 cup mozzarella
2 cups flour
6 eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup oil, for frying
3 cups tomato sauce
½ cup parmesan
2 tablespoons basil
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Stuff the pockets evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the floured chicken into the egg, then the bread crumbs, coating it evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
8 .Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Place ⅔ of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken on top.
10.Top with the rest of the tomato sauce, then sprinkle the parmesan and basil on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.