PHOTO BY DIANAEATINGRICHLY
- 3 -4lbs corned beef brisket
- 6medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 6carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1bay leaf (or two small ones)
- 12ounces beer
- 1small cabbage, cut in wedges (optional)
- 2tablespoons molasses
- Place potatoes, onions, carrots, and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Trim excess fat from brisket; put meat on top of veges.
- Mix molasses with beer and pour over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 9-11 hours. If desired, place cabbage wedges on top of meat. to steam for last hour.
- Slice brisket thinly across grain (let it cool 5- 10 minutes for easier slicing).
- Serve with vegetables.