This stuffed flounder dish is an easy recipe that my children have enjoyed. They’re not big fish eaters either!
Updated on July 4, 2022
- 1 ½ pounds flounder fillets
- 1 cup crabmeat - drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 crushed saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground white pepper to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse flounder fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Combine crabmeat, crushed saltines, bell pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and white pepper together in a medium bowl. Combine egg white and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir into crabmeat mixture.
- Brush fillets with melted butter; place in the prepared baking dish. Spoon crabmeat mixture over fillets and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make topping: lightly beat egg yolk in a small bowl. Stir in 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Remove fish from the oven and spread this mixture over stuffing; sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and bake until golden and bubbly, about 5 or 6 minutes.
total fat 21g
saturated fat 7g
total carbohydrate 2g
dietary fiber 0g
total sugars 0g
vitamin c 4mg